|Storyline||A Darker Shade of White|
|Place||Waffenfabrik der Riese, Breslau, Germany|
|Objective||Survive for as long as possible against limitless waves of zombies|
- "Group 935 didn't conduct their research easily. A few accidents led to them fighting for survival. Relive their final fight, and try to survive..."
- ―Level Description
Verhängnis (German: Doom) is the ninth map in the Zombies storyline and first in A Darker Shade of White. It is a homage to fan-favourite map Der Riese and involves old-style gameplay with no long easter eggs.
The transcript can be found here.
The beginning of the scene shows Richtofen and Schuster walking through a corridor discussing MDT chip. Groph rushes down the stairs with zombies in hot pursuit. The three characters rush to Porters office and warn him of the accident. Porter puts a briefcase on the table and opens it, revealing 4 Colt .45s.
The map follows an extremely similar style to Der Riese, utilizing tight corners and large courtyard areas. The main difference is the lack of 3 teleporters. Instead, in the starting room their is a large teleporter which, when the power is on, can be used to reach the Pack-a-Punch Machine room, which is a return to the Der Riese starting room.
To complete the Der Riese tribute is the loadout which is exactly the same. This includes the Wunderwaffe DG-2, PPSh-41 and other favourites. This makes the two maps the only pair to have the exact same loadout.
The enemies are regular Zombies and of course Hellhounds. Verhängnis brings back the combined rounds, so definitely watch out for Hellhounds in normal rounds. On rare occasions however, during a Hellhound round a few regular Zombies will spawn to trick the player, making it difficult to follow the rounds.
The Pack-a-Punch Machine is unlocked when you turn on the power and use the teleporter in the starting room. You will arrive in Der Rieses starting room and the door is down. You get 30 seconds to upgrade before being teleported back. This also acts as the location for Speed Cola.
- Main article: Verhängnis/Weapon List
- Beauty of Annihilation 2.0 - Michael Johnson
- Main article: Verhängnis/Quotes
- Main article: Verhängnis/Radios
|Playdate|| Complete Verstecken Spielen|
|Acquire Waffle Weapons, Again!||Acquire the Wunderwaffe DG-2, the Ray Gun and the Monkey Bombs simultaneously|
|Eddie's First Game||Activate Radio 3|
|Chug-a-Jugg||Purchase Juggernog in 15 different games|
|Point Whore||Never pick up a Nuke for an entire game lasting at least 15 rounds|
- A homage to Der Riese.
- Set in the Waffenfabrik der Riese facility, near Breslau.
- Features Richtofen along with fellow Group 935 members Schuster, Groph and Porter.
- Has the 3 original wonder weapons: The Ray Gun, Wunderwaffe DG-2 and the Monkey Bomb.
- Has the 4 original perks: Quick Revive, Juggernog, Speed Cola and Double Tap Root Beer.
- Has the 5 original power-ups: Insta-Kill, Double Points, Nuke, Carpenter and Max Ammo.
- This map is referenced in Schule der Untoten.
- Verhängnis is planned to be the second map on the wiki to be turned into a custom map.