- "Relive the most favorited World at War Zombie map!"
- ―Level Description
|Prev Level||none (time wise), Wasteland (creation date wise)|
|Next Level||Nacht der Untoten (time wise), Redemption (creation date wise)|
|Created By||Daniel Smith|
|Characters||Edward Richtofen, H. Porter, Peter, unnamed scientist|
|Enemies||Nazi zombies, Scientist zombies|
|Location||Der Riese, near Breslau|
Outbreak (also known as Where It All Began...) is a custom Nazi Zombies map, as well as a bonus chapter in the Apocalypse storyline. Outbreak is exactly the same as Call of Duty: World at War Zombie map Der Riese, as it has the same layout, easter eggs, and weapons.
During World War II, the Reichstag High Command authorized the creation of Group 935, a Nazi scientific research group tasked with testing Element 115 and perfecting teleportation via Teleporters. The Germans constructed two main bases in Germany (Der Riese and Zombie Verruckt) and a secondary base in a swamp in Japan (Shi No Numa). Testings were carried out in all locations.
While experimenting with Element 115 after he perfected teleportation, Doctor Ludwig Maxis (the leader of the group) discovered the extremely harmful effects of the Element: zombies. Maxis began trying the create the perfect zombie. However, his testing got the the better of him, and he, along with his daughter Samantha Maxis, were betrayed by Doctor Edward Richtofen and killed by Fluffy (Samantha's zombiefied dog).
Richtofen, now basically schizophrenic, unleashed all the zombies upon Der Riese. Richtofen, along with H. Porter, Peter, and other well-known 935 scientist, began to fight off the zombies. During the fighting, Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinksi, and Takeo Masaki escaped from their prison cells, and H. Porter and the other scientist were mauled by zombies. Richtofen, Dempsey, Belinksi, and Masaki were teleported to Shi No Numa by Richtofen, but Peter was accidently teleported to Verruckt.
After they teleported, the zombies escaped, and infected Nacht der Untoten.
- Nazi zombies - The Nazi zombies in this map are the same zombie type seen in Der Riese. Their heads can be seen misshapen or normal. Their skin is pale. Their clothes are either not ripped with blood or decayed with no blood. They act the same way as other zombies.
- Scientist zombies - The Scientist zombies wear the science robe, which is blood stained. Their faces are also pale. These zombies only appear within the lab.
- Colt M1911
- .357 Magnum
- Type 100
- Gewehr 43
- M1 Garand
- M1 Carbine
- M1897 Trench Gun
- Double-Barrel Shotgun
- M1919 Browning
- Ray Gun
- Wunderwaffe DG-2
- Mystery Box - The Mystery Box looks the same and still costs 950 points to use. It will move arround the map and contains the Teddy Bear.
- Teleporters - The Teleporters in this map look the same and remain 1250 points to use.
- Electro-Shock Defenses - The Electro-Shock Defenses look the same and still cost 1000 points to activate.
Power-Ups and Perks