- "The risen dead have overtaken a Soviet Cosmodrome and all Hell has broken loose. The countdown to the zombie apocalypse has begun."
- ―Level Description
|Prev Level||Kino der Toten|
|Next Level||Call of the Dead|
|Characters||Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki and Edward Richtofen|
|Enemies||Zombies and Space Monkeys|
|Date||November 6th, 1963|
Ascension is a canon zombie map set in a Soviet cosmodrome and also set simoutaneously with Five. It was released on February 1, 2011, as part of the First Strike Map Pack. The map features the return of the original characters; Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki, and Edward Richtofen; along with new perks and new secondary grenades. A new power-up, the random perk bottle, is featured along with Space Monkeys, which replace the Hellhounds and the Thief.
Off the Wall
- M14 - Centrifuge Floor 1
- Olympia - Centrifuge Floor 2
- MPL - Stairway under the Juggernog machine
- PM63 - Stair way next to Juggernog
- MP5K - Lunar Lander D, left of the door to the courtyard
- AK-74u - Outside Lunar Lander F in between a fire trap and Stamin-Up machine
- Stakeout - Downstairs from the Power Room
- M16 - Lunar Lander B, by the Speed Cola machine
- Claymore - In between Lunar Lander C and the Stamin-Up
- Sickle (Replaces regular Knife and can be used with the ballistic knife) - Lunar Lander B
- Grenades - Lunar Lander D
- CZ75 (Single or Dual Wield)
- AUG (Swarovski Scope)
- China Lake
- Ballistic Knife
- G11 (Low Power Scope)
- FN FAL
- M72 LAW
- Ray Gun
- Matryoshka Doll
- Gersch Device
- Edward Rictofen is wearing a space suit. There is no evidence why he changed his outfit other than the fact it was to compliment the theme of the map as it takes place in a rocket launching site.
- This was the first map to take place in Russia, as well as the first space-themed map in Zombies.
- The Space Monkeys made their first appearance.
- There was a change in the map's menu picture whilst in production. Shortly after release, it looked normal, but after an update, it currently looks like it is on an old television.